Sunday 15 July 2012

Lazy Sunday Edition


Greetings people!
It's your  favorite (self proclaimed)  blogger coming at you live from the capital,in an especially chilly Penthouse.# Yes, I said it. I have a Penthouse, #Na Siringi. :D

I was supposed to be writing about a totally different topic today, umm, some stuff about Kenyan gospel music shows.


Do not be alarmed, I was not going to diss them or anything, I was going to give them props for making my Sundays more bearable :) # I can already hear religious fanatics breath a sigh of relief lol! They are actually quite good..Tukuza especially.





However, since we are already discussing them, I have a problem with the presenters!!!!
#Notice the 4 exclamation marks!
 *Boy, I had to do it*

I'm all for creating playful, witty and alluring banter on set, but there is no excuse for the un-professionalism bordering idiocy I have experienced today!
I respect the fact that most of your viewers are not as discerning as others, for instance, most of the feedback you receive is from marginal areas in Kenya, BUT DEAR PRESENTERS, please prepare some mature content worth watching for the more intellectually inclined viewers, the likes of myself #But do I say :p. #Jaluo inside

Anyway, the thing that got my panties in a bunch today, is the documentaries, or Investigative Journalism Pieces if you like, done by our journalists.
I know most people will join me in giving a standing ovation to the likes of Mohammed what's his other name again #Skinny fellow with the funny ears from KTN, now at NTV btw, and the rougish John Allan Namu. Big up yourselves sirs..


Your bosses did the right thing to spend their hooker money on you guys!                                  



 Lol..I got a little carried away with the hooker thing, but this shit be real!








Anyway, I have just concluded watching In the Footsteps of Kabuga, (some lunatic left it on my computer), and damn! Kenyan journalism is going places! Fantastic watch that one..sitting in bed on a chilly afternoon, but at the end of it, I was left with a simmering bowl of freshly baked concern and the sour repugnant taste of reality in my mouth.




The big wigs in this country have never learnt not to shit where they eat!
Mayne! Even this cat knows where to do his stuff :)


I'm I the only person who seems to think that one day we (Kenyan Citizens), tutaambiwa ati Tittle deed ya Kenya ilipeanwa?! I will not be suprised to hear in future that Kenya iliuzwa to the highest bidder, leaving us peniless and flat broke on the street!

 It's shocking just how the government is ALWAYS..MORE OFTEN THAN NOTin the middle of all these riveting investigative pieces!

However,the best part of it all is the reaction of the government to such logical, well-founded and inevitable conclusions.
Haha.. I had a laugh with this one of Allan Namu.

The Police paraded some poor bloke, a retired civil servant now a timberyard operator from Isiolo, as the said Felicien Kabuga. The police are an ingenious lot.. You have to give them that.
The guy appeared in the Police Spokesman's office, wearing a brand new identical shirt with the one the alleged Kabuga was wearing, same watch and get this..A matching cap!

The thing that amused me is that they(The police) must have been charging for advertising hehe. All his gear was branded. Trust Kenyan opportunists hehe..
The cap had an Mpesa brand from the con-artists at Safaricon #Terms and Conditions apply as usual, and countless nondescript brands plastered left right and centre on the brand new polo. Check it out on YouTube if you think I'm yanking your chain.

Kenya is truly the land of opportunity :)
#I want my cut

I will leave you with a joke about the police in Kenya though..

One day, a rich tycoon wanted to conduct a survey of which intelligence body in the world was the best at it's job. The FBI, the CIA and *surprise surprise* the Kenyan Police Force were selected to participate.
The Tycoon released a rabbit into a forest and asked the three forces to find it.
The FBI went into the forest, placed plant and animal informants in the forest, but reported that there was no rabbit.
The CIA went in next, uprooted the entire forest and burnt the plants to the ground, but reported no rabbit was found.
The Kenyan Police went into the forest, and returned with a badly beaten monkey yelling,
"I'm a rabbit! I'm a rabbit!"

And on that bombshell,
Have yourselves a lovely Sunday Afternoon :)











Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment